Same Day Moving, House-Clearing and Staging
How will I ever manage in such a small space?
We have to clear our stuff from the house – Dad is moving.
I’m completely overwhelmed by sorting through 50 years of memories!
I can’t bear the thought of anyone touching Mom’s posessions.
Moving has long been identified at one of the top 4 on the stress scale, and is too often the ultimate ‘out of control’ experience. Add the need for downsizing and parting with a lifetime of possessions, and it’s a perfect storm of upset and worry, often keeping seniors in their homes long after they know hey need a safer environment.
ElderCareCanada loves moving! We have done well over 200 successful downsizing and moves, and follow a detailed checklist that ensures a smooth transition:
- creating the floorplan and identifying favourite items to move
- engage our preferred moving crew, Bay Bloor Movers; arranging for elevators
- arranging for a guest suite overnight the day before the move
Packing, Moving; Same-day Unpacking and Set-up
- packing done as close to move as possible
- on moving day, supervising loading and unloading
- doing all unpacking and set-up based on the floorplan
- clearing all boxes and packing material away
- escorting you from the guest suite to your new home, that same day
Doing the Paperwork
- rerouting of all mail, relocation of cable TV, Internet and phone
Showing and Selling the House; Closing of the House Sale
- work with your realtor to prepare the home for showing (‘staging’)
- if necessary, liaise with the lawyer to handle all final readings, utility notices and other details for the house closing.
Clearing the House Before or After House Sale
- ensuring what furniture and household goods are not needed
- arranging in-home contents sales via The Great Estate Sale
- delivering items to the charities of your choice
- leaving the home in ‘broom-swept’ condition for its new owners
Note: ElderCareCanada does not pay or receive commissions of any kind when referring to agencies, residences or other services.
Sample assignments include over 200 successful moves in the past 15 years:
- Downsizing families who have lived for 50+ years in large family houses into into a 1-bedroom retirement home suite
- Planning long-distance moves to and from the east and west coasts of Canada from Toronto
- Clearing a house including packing and delivering to adult children across North America
- Assisting families to sell unwanted family items via in-home contents sales
- Assisting ‘hoarders’ who are unable to focus on what items can realistically come with them